Where can I take old electronics for money?
Here are six ways to go about it:
- Trade ’em in for cold, hard cash. …
- If you want to sell it yourself, head to Craigslist, Amazon or eBay. …
- For hassle-free trade-ins, use Gazelle. …
- Donate your old devices to a cause you care about. …
- If it’s broken or just too old to sell or donate, dispose of it safely.
Does Best Buy take old electronics?
Take Them to Best Buy. Whatever you do, don’t toss old batteries or electronics in the garbage. … If you have old electronics, or batteries, or old devices with built-in batteries, check out Best Buy’s Electronics Recycling Program web page to see which items are accepted at your local store.
How can I get rid of my old TV for free?
How do you dispose of an old or broken TV?
- Donate your TV. There are many local charities that accept televisions that still work. …
- Take it to a recycling facility. Depending on where you live, they may offer a pick up service.
- Return it to the manufacturer. …
- Sell it. …
- Give it away for free.
Where can I turn in my old computer?
Most computer manufacturers are now offering take-back recycling, either by partnering with retailers like Best Buy, Goodwill or Staples, or through a mail-in program. You’ll want to search your manufacturer’s website for details on its specific program.
What to do with old electronics that still work?
Consider the following options for recycling electronics:
- Find a Take-Back or Trade-In Program. …
- Research Retailer Recycling Programs. …
- Visit a Local E-Waste Collection Event. …
- Locate a Local Electronics Recycler. …
- Sell Your Old Electronics.
How do you dispose of electronics?
1. Bring It to the Recycler. Plenty of nonprofit organizations and local communities offer options to help you recycle old electronics. One group, Call2Recycle, offers drop-off locations for rechargeable batteries and cell phones all over the U.S. To find a location, just enter your ZIP code at Call2Recycle.org.
What should I do with my old laptop?
Here are some of your best choices:
- Recycle It. Instead of dumping your laptop in the trash, look for electronic collection programs that will help you recycle it. …
- Sell It. If your laptop is in good condition, you can sell it on Craiglist or eBay. …
- Trade It. …
- Donate It. …
- Turn It Into A Media Station.
What items does Best Buy take for recycling?
Products we recycle for free:
- All-in-one computers.
- Battery backups (UPS)
- Cables and connectors.
- CD/DVD drives.
- Computer speakers/controllers.
- Hard drives.
- Ink/toner cartridges.
Who will pick up old TV for free?
GreenCitizen will pick up old TVs for free but we have quantity requirements if you’re a business in the San Francisco Bay Area. If you’re an individual, however, you can drop off your old TV with us for free (as long as you’re a California resident).
Can you drop off old TV at Best Buy?
You can still continue to recycle electronics like phones, laptops, tablets and more for free at our stores. And large TVs and appliances can be safely removed through Best Buy’s haul-away services for a fee. … Best Buy is the nation’s largest collector of recyclable electronics and appliances.
Are old TVs worth anything?
Prototype color sets from before 1954 sell for $10,000 or more. The RCA CT-100, the most common 15 inch set, sells for around $4,000 with a good CRT. Less common 15 inch sets, such as the Westinghouse, CBS, and Admiral, are worth more. It is rare to find a 15 inch color set with a good CRT.
How do I get rid of my old desktop computer?
You can recycle or donate your computer. Computer manufacturers, electronics stores, and other organizations have computer recycling or donation programs. Check out the Environmental Protection Agency’s Electronics Donation and Recycling page to learn about recycling or donating your computer.
Can you get money from old computers?
Several stores and websites will allow you to trade in old computers, laptops and other electronic devices in exchange for cash payments or store gift cards. This can be a great way to make money recycling computers.