Where can I get rid of my old TV in York PA?
York County Solid Waste Authority: Conducted Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon at the York County Resource Recovery Center (YCRRC) located at 2651 Blackbridge Road in York. There is no tipping fee for loads consisting solely of electronics.
How do I dispose of electronics in PA?
You can also call the Department of Environmental Protection’s Recycling Hotline at 1–800-346‑4242 or contact your County Recycling Coordinator.
Where can I throw away electronics in NYC?
There are over 90 retail locations throughout New York City where you can drop off electronics, no purchase required. Residents can visit any Goodwill, Salvation Army, Best Buy, Staples (no TVs), the Lower East Side Ecology Center, or the Gowanus E-Waste Warehouse to discard their unwanted electronics.
What is the best way to dispose of old electronics?
Consider the following options for recycling electronics:
- Find a Take-Back or Trade-In Program. …
- Research Retailer Recycling Programs. …
- Visit a Local E-Waste Collection Event. …
- Locate a Local Electronics Recycler. …
- Sell Your Old Electronics.
Where can I dispose of an old TV in Lancaster PA?
There are outlets for residents to dispose of your electronic waste. Contact the Household Hazardous Waste Facility of the Lancaster County Solid Waste Management Authority for more information on disposing of your electronic waste.
Does Penn Waste Take TVS?
The Covered Devices Recycling Act prohibits residents and businesses from placing their electronic waste at the curb or in their trash. Covered devices include: desktop computers, laptops, monitors, computer peripherals (keyboard, mouse, printer, and speakers), televisions, or e-readers that browse the internet.
How do I dispose of an old TV near me?
How do you dispose of an old or broken TV?
- Donate your TV. There are many local charities that accept televisions that still work. …
- Take it to a recycling facility. Depending on where you live, they may offer a pick up service.
- Return it to the manufacturer. …
- Sell it. …
- Give it away for free.
Does Staples take old electronics?
We’ll recycle your ink, batteries, and electronics.
We accept ink and toner cartridges, computers and monitors, * desktop printers, batteries, computer peripherals and office machines.
How do you dispose of a computer screen?
While recycling may be the most convenient way to get rid of your old computer monitor, donating it to someone who may have a use for it is the greenest way to unburden yourself of the old computer hardware.
Can I throw away a microwave in NYC?
You can schedule an appointment at the NYC Department of Sanitation to recycle any appliances with CFCs in them for safe disposal. … You can recycle small appliances such as a hair dryer, toaster oven, or microwave.
How do you dispose of electronics?
1. Bring It to the Recycler. Plenty of nonprofit organizations and local communities offer options to help you recycle old electronics. One group, Call2Recycle, offers drop-off locations for rechargeable batteries and cell phones all over the U.S. To find a location, just enter your ZIP code at Call2Recycle.org.
Does Best Buy charge to recycle electronics?
Best Buy operates the largest retail collection program in the country, having collected and responsibly disposed of more than 1.5 billion pounds of electronics and appliances. And there’s no charge to recycle most items. That means you can bring in your old cords, cables, VCRs — you name it.
Where can I turn in my old computer?
Most computer manufacturers are now offering take-back recycling, either by partnering with retailers like Best Buy, Goodwill or Staples, or through a mail-in program. You’ll want to search your manufacturer’s website for details on its specific program.
What should I do with my old laptop?
Here are some of your best choices:
- Recycle It. Instead of dumping your laptop in the trash, look for electronic collection programs that will help you recycle it. …
- Sell It. If your laptop is in good condition, you can sell it on Craiglist or eBay. …
- Trade It. …
- Donate It. …
- Turn It Into A Media Station.